Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Clinic



I just spent over 3 hours at the clinic being poked and prodded from head to toe all because of the stomach flu. So I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days. Sure I've vomited, had a fever, and some aches and pains. And maybe I muttered aloud a couple of times, "I'm dying, I'm dying." But I didn't think that my ailment deserved 3 hours at a clinic. I wouldn't have ever gone except that I finally succumbed to the wishes of my husband to, "go to the doctor."

Going to the doctor is fine, but usually when you have the stomach flu the doctor listens to your symptoms, says its a virus there is nothing I can do, and prescribes drinking plenty of liquids. Well today I ate my words. (or drank them) Instead of a quick look and confirmation of a virus, I had Multiple tests (including x-rays) to insure I didn't have some disease that I can't even pronounce. Now after feeling tired and a bit violated, I am actually feeling a little better. (even before I started taking the horse sized pills I was proscribed) Maybe the best way to get rid of the stomach flu is through hours of procedures at the doctor's office - who would have know!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home