Friday, October 13, 2006

Polka, pianos, and Aqua-net


Tonight Didrik and I met our friends Heather and Adam at Nye's restaurant on East Hennepin in Minneapolis. This place is a treasure. From the moment I walked in the door to find the 60's icon hostess, I knew we had left Hennepin Ave. into a time warped supper club. Our waitress couldn't have been any younger than 70 and by the looks of it, she used a can of Aqua-net on her bouffant hair style.

As the night progressed I was rather impressed to see the space fill with 30/40 somethings enjoying a drink, some polka music, and the Karaoke piano bar. I didn't find myself gawking at tasteless clothing or over done young ladies, instead I felt I was part of a sophisticated crowd enjoying a Friday night of socializing.

Though I have had better steaks, the food certainly was fulfilling (even the Velveeta potatoes) yet the best part of the meal was the desserts.

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a different "scene" other than the typical DT meat market hangout. Don't forget your dancing shoes and singing voices!

http://nyespolonaise.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home