Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Chapters of Life

Wow, I can't believe that I have been divorced for 3 years. Yesterday, October 10th, marked the 3rd year since my first husband and I were divorced. Has it truly been that long since my life started over - the second chapter of my adult life?

Even though we were divorced during my senior year at seminary, I knew my life was headed in a new direction as we were splitting. It was at that time I found a new job that led me to where I am today - my second chapter.

The first chapter began six years ago. I assumed the book had already written itself. I thought that I would be married to Ken, expecting a child, living in Wisconsin, and a pastor of a small congregation. My life doesn't resemble my pictures of six years ago.

I suppose we all learn sooner or later that life never happens how we expect. When will the second chapter end leading into chapter number three?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Loki said...

I'm glad to be a part of Chapter 2...and look forward to being in chapters 3,4,5,6,7,8,etc. =)

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home