Sunday, September 23, 2007

14 Days: Tapering

I think that I might have been so delirious last weekend from my peak 21 mile training run that I forgot to blog about the experience.

First things first, I did it. Secondly, the body does some strange things after 18 miles of running. There was a point that I suspected the "wall" was coming right at me. My teeth were numbing, I was seeing stars in my eyes, and my body felt like it weighed 500 lbs. At that point I had to stop, walk, refocus, and continue. That's exactly what I did. But that was a very weird feeling.

Even after the run, it did take my body some time to recover. It wasn't so much of a muscle recovering, although my calves were pretty sore, just a mental recovering (ok and maybe a little bowel and urinary track recovering - hey I never said this was going to be pretty).

Yesterday I went out and "only did 10". I think that sounds so funny to say "only 10". Most of my group went on to do 12 but after a Friday workout of suicides (line running on the basketball court) and other torture exercises with my bootcamp class, my body was ready to be done.

Though I will enjoy these next two weeks, I am ready for the marathon. Bring it on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home