Tuesday, September 04, 2007

31 days: Mind Games

Even though I successfully ran 18 miles last Saturday, I continue to play mind games with myself involving some of my training choices. For one thing instead of going to running group tonight, I stopped by my recently wedded friend Courtney's house (near lake Nikomis where my running group meets). Since she was just married last Friday it was CRUCIAL we talk about every detail of the wedding.

Secondly yesterday was Labor Day so I didn't have a class to teach. Instead I was anxious to run the road leading to my family cabin. This road is a 4 mile route of pure hills. I have had good and bad runs on this road and I was expecting my marathon training would help my endurance for the hills. Unfortunately my training had a reverse effect. Instead of conquering the "small mountains" my legs aches and I found myself walking to each crest of the hill.

It can be extremely discouraging to have a bad run after accomplishing new goals such as running 18 miles. I cannot be wavered, I must persevere!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home