Monday, March 03, 2008

Investing in my Career

It's not really a secret - I'm looking for a new job. It's not as if I don't like my current job, it's just "time". I've been in that current position for 2 years and now it's time to either move up or move out. I've had a couple of interviews and a couple more to come so this past weekend I thought it was time to invest in a new suit. I usually don't buy things full price - but I didn't want to skimp on this one. I figured my new high paying job that I get wearing the suit will actually pay for the suit.

How much did I spend? A couple of "Benjamin's". But it is a beautiful pin-stripped Ann Taylor Loft suit. I wore it today on one of the interviews that I have scheduled. I will know at the end of the week if it paid off - literally.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Good Luck with your career search!
- Kristen

5:46 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

I have bought so many cheap suits for interviews, but that was all I ever wore them for. I LOVE LoVE my Ann Taylor suit. And I feel like such an adult in it! :)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Liz - It's time for an update!!!!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home