Thursday, February 08, 2007

Be Good...Someone May Be Reading

I couldn't help but overhear two of my colleagues at an association wide training I attended for work this afternoon. They are directors of two different camps and they are in the process of hiring for their summer season. They were talking about different methods of researching the lifestyles of potential counselors. Apparently various employers have been known to read MySpace accounts and blogs in order to know the "real" candidate.

I can understand the work that needs to go into finding quality candidates for such a vulnerable job as working directly with children. But again, the questions always arises, where does the privacy/public line get drawn? Technically I need to be careful as to what I write on this little piece of the World Wide Web, you never who might be reading or how something might get misconstrued. But what about those times I want to bitch about my job and my employer, where is my freedom to rant?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home